Institute for Brain and Behavior Amsterdam organizes its annual symposium on “Science to Business” on Friday June 12th 2020, Auditorium, Vrije Universiteit
|12.00 – 12.40||Light Lunch provided by iBBA|
|12:40 – 12:45||Introduction by Jan Theeuwes, director of iBBA|
|12:45 – 12:55||Opening by Mirjam van Praag Director Executive Board Vrije Universiteit|
|12:55 – 13:40||Keynote by Davide Iannuzzi (Director Demonstrator Lab)
Title: “Academic entrepreneur: mission impossible?”
|13:40 – 14:10||Flash talks (3 x 10 min) working in industry
· Daan van Es, data-scientist at Ynformed
· Matt Weaver, data-scientist at Booking.com
· Joram van Driel, data-scientist at Human Environment Transportation Inspectorate (ILT)
|14:10 – 14:40||Flash talks (3 x 10 min) university start ups
· Faviola Dadis (NeuroReality)
· Tara Donker (ZeroPhobia)
· Tommie Koppens (Fitsurance)
|14:40 – 15:00||Coffee break|
|15:00 – 15:30||Flash talks (3 x 10 min) public-private collaboration
· Ard Barends (VU-LTP): Cooperation for Selection and Assessment
· Melvyn Roerdink
· Christiaan Vis.
|15:30 – 16:00||What can the VU do for you?
· Berno Bucker (business developer (IXA-FGB-iBBA)
· Erik Boer (director of ACE Amsterdam center of entrepeneurship)
|16:00 – 16:45||Panel discussion. What are the obstacles? What are the conflicts of interests?
What are the legal issues?
Bucker, Daffertshofer, Iannuzzi, Theeuwes, Schöller, Krabbendam.
|16:45 – 17:00||Concluding remarks by Mark van Vugt|
|17:00 – 18:00||Networking drinks|
The symposium is free of charge, you can register by using the form below.